Family Promise of Longview is committed to serving children and families.
When we could no longer host families in churches and at our Day Center because of the pandemic, we launched The Turnabout Program, helping families with expenses so they could stay in their homes.
We look forward to hosting families again when our new campus, The Promise House, is complete. In the meantime, we are continuing The Turnabout Program.
The Mission of Family Promise of Longview is to break the cycle of poverty by helping children experiencing homelessness and their families to achieve long-term financial independence in housing of their own.
Help for People Experiencing Homelessness
Losing a home is devastating for anyone. For children and families, experiencing homelessness can be terrifying.
People experience homelessness for many reasons. These include insufficient income, job loss, rent increase or eviction, sudden expenses from illness or accident, reduced government funding or support, and lack of family help. For these and many other reasons, families with children make up 35% of people experiencing homelessness—the fastest growing group of people without homes!
- You are a family with at least one child, age 17 or younger.
- A single parent, as well as guardian(s), or grandparent(s) raising a child qualifies as a family.
- You are currently experiencing or facing homelessness.
- You are drug and alcohol free. You have no serious criminal history.
- You are willing to live and work in Longview.
- You are able to work full-time and maintain employment.
- If you are unable to work full-time because of a disability, you may still qualify.
- We can help with job searches and applications if you are currently unemployed.
How We Help
We are not a typical homeless shelter. We are friendly, caring people who help families during a time of crisis.
We believe that being homeless does not define or describe who you are. It is a circumstance you are going through.
We help you achieve the goal of financial stability and stable housing. We work with you to define your goals and develop your plan to achieve them. We provide practical assistance so you can focus on moving forward.
Let's work together to keep you home!